Sager is building a platform to capture and supply aerial data to our customers across industries
such as construction, telecommunication, infrastructure, real estate and consumers. We are in the
business of creating a data pipeline to deliver powerful insights to our customers and partners who
understand the importance of automated, on-demand data capture.
We are looking for a candidate with a diverse computer science background to help Hangar Technology
tackle some truly tough and exciting challenges. This candidate will primarily participate in our
Flight and Capture team to create software written in Swift that runs on iOS devices. This software
is responsible for controlling a drone during a precise mission to capture specific imagery. This is
not your standard iOS app where it is heavy on UI and UX and light on business logic. Although good
UI and UX is an important part, the true value in the app is the complex and deep business logic
that is controlling the drone.
Our ideal candidate has strong experience with both functional and object-oriented languages and has
demonstrated experience in a complex computer science application. Hangar Technology puts a higher
priority on prior computer science experience than direct iOS experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Write effective and scalable code.
- Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance. • Improve functionality of existing systems.
- Assess and prioritize feature requests.
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions. • Collaborate with the team for the development of software designs and architecture. • Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs. • Create and maintain software documentation.
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our Sager Space platform. • Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Create RESTful APIs according to standards and best practices.
- End-to-end software development starting from analysis moving on to design, implementation, QA, delivery, and maintenance.
- Great attention to details and willingness to learn new things.
Required Qualifications & Skills
Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- Expertise in at least one of these frameworks (Django, Laravel). ▪ Impressive portfolio with both frontend and backend projects. ▪ Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM).
- Experience with databases: MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL.
- Experience with version control (i.e. git, svn).
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices. ▪ Create RESTful APIs according to standards and best practices. ▪ Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS. ▪ Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse team from numerous countries.
- Ability to innovate.
- Collaborate and work smoothly within cross functional teams ▪ Ability to communicate with all stakeholders.
- Passionate about performance and delivery.
- UX principles and design.
- Experience with GraphQL and/or Neo4j .
- Building custom containers using Docker.
- AWS - Deploying production environments.